Oceaneering ROV Project Manager (Angolan National) in United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
To plan and supervise ROV Project Operations and the supervision of allocated ROV operational personnel.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Day to day management of the assigned ROV Project(s).
- Planning and supervision of ROV Project Operations and the supervision of allocated
- ROV operational personnel.
- Ensuring that Safety Policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to at the
- offshore work location.
- Ensuring that Oceaneering Quality Policies and Procedures are adhered to.
- Coordination with other project personnel within the ROV operations group, primarily,
- Personnel Coordinators (Luanda), Project Coordinators (Dubai), and Administration
- (Dubai), Operations management (Angola and Dubai).
- Coordination with other groups within Oceaneering including, but not limited to, Technical
- group (Aberdeen and United States), Installations group (worldwide), HSE (Luanda and
- Dubai), ROV Manufacturing (United States), and other divisions (DTS, IWOCS,
- Inspection, etc.)
- Liaison with Clients during start-up, operational and post operational periods to discuss
- and identify Client’s ROV requirements and present Oceaneering’s
- ROV/Engineering/Tooling capabilities.
- Liaison between Client and Oceaneering Technical Departments/Engineering Manager,
- regarding the design and/or development of tooling/engineering for offshore projects.
- Production of project procedures as required.
- Monitoring and actioning of spares and stores requirements for projects.
- Review of Invitations to Tender for ROV operations and provision of technical assistance
- to the Commercial Department for Client presentations.
- Supervision of QA/QC audits during project periods.
- Page 2
- Collation of system logs from offshore and preparation of preliminary invoices for
- ongoing and completed contracts on a monthly basis.
- Ongoing update of all technical and support documentation.
- Offshore visits to ROV worksites as required.
- Responsibility for financial performance.
- Responsibility for expediting receivables.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as
is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and
- Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management
- Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly
- substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the
- Responsible for designated ROV personnel (Offshore)
Reports to ROV Operations Manager
- ROV/Engineering/Survey background
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Word Perfect/Word
- Quattro Pro/Excel
- MS Project
BSC/HND or equivalent in a relevant discipline
OISL standard desktop software package.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Minimum of three years Project Management experience in similar role
- Familiarity of all aspects of Subsea operations relating to Oceaneering’s offshore Activities
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 13907
Full/Part Time: Full-Time