Oceaneering ROV Operations Manager-Trinidad and Tobago in United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Responsible for managing the Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV) projects and working closely with clients pertaining to the execution and completion of assigned work scopes. Monitors cost and assists in the determination of resources.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with each crew and support groups to update and maintain all actions per system. Keep the status sheets detailed on all activities.
- Check on Equipment and parts movements.
- Update spec sheet changes.
- Back up the previous week’s status sheets for trending purposes. Make any changes and delete old closed action items. Place new status sheet in shared folder.
- Discuss audit actions and prioritize with each system.
- Go through and redline STOP/Observation cards – send to systems.
- Discuss crew evaluations and plan enhancements with system supervisors.
- Check Gamma to make sure systems are current on maintenance.
- Go through and close out open MKS tickets.
- Call on crew members getting ready to come back to work before crew change.
- Work on any HSE issues (Incident reports, Tap Roots, Near Hits).
- Send all audit action updates to Audit dept.
- Match all reports for downtime percentage.
- Work on DSO’s with clients.
- Adjust Emergency Response list if required.
- This position has supervisory responsibilties.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED); Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of ROV experienceto include at least two years of Administrative, Office, Project or Operations Management; or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night. \
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
Job ID: 13773
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Full/Part Time: Full-Time