Oceaneering Project Manager in United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, direct, and coordinate activities of a single or multiple projects to ensure that goals or objectives of project are safely accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters and the customer receives a quality product or service which meets or exceeds all of the customer requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in system configuration and costing of the system and components during the bid stage.
- Set up and monitors project budget.
- Assist customer in preparation of design ideas and specifications.
- Conduct presentations and assists with sales and marketing activities.
- Coordinates the activities of project engineers and designers to develop preliminary sketches, calculations, drawings in the development of quotation preparation.
- Maintain customer communication from conception through design, manufacture, testing and shipping of products.
- Prepare, review and approve quality plans and technical procedures.
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Confer with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Conduct and attends meetings.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modiy schedules or plans as required.
- Review and approve all detail designs, calculations, drawings, specifications, and all documents related to meeting customer specifications.
- Direct preparation of, review and approve as-built data books.
- Generate purchase requisitions and review and approve supplier invoices.
- Prepare project reports, forecast, variance explanations and other technical and financial reports for management, client, or others.
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Review and approve project invoices and resolve accounts receivable issues with customer.
- Validate and verify all project hardware.
- Work closely with other personnel for technical details of projects.
- Travels domestically and overseas as needed.
- Maintain training requirements as directed by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Projects Group Manager
- BS in Engineering, and/or extensive industry experience
- Minimum one (1) year related experience and/or training
- Experience in Pneumatic, Hydraulic, and Electrical Logic
- Must hold/maintain a valid passport and the able to obtain visas for international travel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Ability to learn and navigate in PeopleSoft or similar enterprise management software, AutoCAD®, SolidWorks, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Offshore / oilfield operational experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Ability to determine and meet customer needs.
Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 13869
Full/Part Time: Full-Time