Oceaneering Operations Project Manager - GERMANY in United States
Oceaneering AGV Systems, an Oceaneering International Company, develops, implements and markets Automated Guided Vehicle Systems (AGVs), navigation hardware, and software. We offer customized and automated transport solutions to efficiently, competitively and effectively meet the ever-increasing transport demands of various industries by increasing productivity, reliability, flexibility and safety standards through innovation, expertise and robustness. Oceaneering AGV Systems has been delivering automatic guided vehicle solutions to the world's leading companies for 30 years.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com_ and click on Products & Services, then click Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs): https://www.oceaneering.com/automated-guided-vehicles _
The Operations Project Manager is responsible for an average of 3 to 5 parallel projects. The Operations Project Manager will serve in an overseeing position to be able to identify (together with the Project Managers team at the Head Office in Utrecht) which tasks have high priority within the scope of the project. These require to be managed both in context and also in terms of planning, scope and budget. The Utrecht organisation acts as a supplier and will deliver the ordered products and services to the team in Germany. Customer/client focus will be leading in this role. The success of the job lies within the result of the projects and the customer's/client's perceived overall satisfaction over the course of the project.
This role requires a customer/client focused attitude, as well as an ability to interact with customers/clients and to remain calm and professional in a demanding and dynamic work environment. The candidate must be able to communicate in German at a native level and English at least near-native level. The location of work is in the Stuttgart office at Leinfelden-Echterdingen, but the candidate should expect to be required to be at the customer site as needed. It is preferred that the candidate is in the German office within regular working hours (except for client meetings). Home office is possible but not guaranteed. Area of work would be Europe as a whole. To participate in meetings on short notice, the candidate must live in the Stuttgart area (+ 50km area). The role requires the flexibility to travel outside of Germany, as necessary, including for several weeks at a time.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Primary point of contact for the customer/client, predominantly on-site, with main responsibility for the delivery of the project in all aspects.
- Monitor and maintain customer/client expectation towards the targeted delivery.
- Identify and mitigate risks, designing strategies to improve current management practices
- Analysis of budgets, including potential cost savings, construction, communication and presentation of periodic status reports.
- Identify and offer solutions and work closely with customer/client with a commercial approach to identify threats, opportunities and risks at an early stage.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with customer/clients, service providers, project managers and senior management.
- Resolving contractual and commercial problems, and offering direction and instruction.
- Ensure that all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual obligations.
- Overseeing financial KPI's and ensuring that the financial aspects and impact of a contract are clear to all parties.
Directly supervises Project team members, both on-/ and off-site, during the life of the Project, in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems. Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company. Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities both on-site and off-site.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
Judgment- Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Certification from IPMA, PMI, or similar
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience in relevant project management
- Knowledge of material handling or industrial processes
- Knowledge of AGV systems, preferably in the automotive industry, in a production or warehousing environment would be desirable
- Experience of legal and contractual writing is preferred
- Experience of technical and commercial insight are required, preferably in AGV Systems
- Strong negotiation skills
- German native-level speaker with excellent communication skills, written and spoken; able to understand different kinds of German accents typical in the southern German regions - This language requirement is mandatory
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in English, comparable to C2 level
- Dutch communication skills would be advantageous
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, with high attention to detail
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions supplied in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PeopleSoft, MS Office tools, and MS Project
Job ID: 13294
Full/Part Time: Full-Time