Oceaneering Technology Director in Utrecht, Netherlands
Duties & Responsibilities
We're Oceaneering, We Solve the Unsolvable!
We believe in solving complexproblems by making material movement for our customers reliable, safer and efficient. We’re building the world’s best AGV Eco-System to help our customers transform their business into an efficient and sustainable platform.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for transformational leaders to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
We’re looking for a seasoned and inspiring technology leader to join the AGVBusiness group (OASYS) at a pivotal moment for the business. Oceaneering is building and investing in a mobile robotics portfolio and OASYS is one of the key pieces in that roadmap for technology leverage and product portfolio. You will help lead and scale our technology roadmap, build our AGV Digital Eco-System, transform our product development team, shape the business strategy, and help to define the needs of the business. Your leadership will help shape the culture of design, research, and product development at OASYS. You will champion the change for standards and processes focused on our software, hardware and manufacturing engineering teams.
- Develop a strategic technology roadmap for AGV technology bringing innovation to Research and Development through new technology.
- Provide technical leadership and exploration of emerging technologies while ensuring technical due diligence, strategic alignment, and commercial viability.
- Partner with teams within Oceaneering to support topics including IT systems, data availability, integrity, authentication, and confidentiality.
- Lead a team (Dev-Ops) with the passion and skills to develop industry-leading systems and applications in support of AGV technology and products.
- Oversee all aspects of releasing, coordinating, testing and integrating the systems, solutions, and software into test and production vehicles.
- Develop teams to deploy and support system integration
- Develop a strategy to support anAGV Digital Eco-System work to monitor and support AGV vehicles.
- Manage and control capital budgets, operational budgets, and expenditures.
- Cultivate a positive and respectful working environment within teams and throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with analysts and designers in the development and initiation of new software programs and applications
- Design and develop scalable software platform to address AGV platform needs.
- Manage and provide guidance to junior engineeringdevelopment staff
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively in a globally distributed organization.
- Strong coaching and mentoring abilities.
- Liaise with company’s software and hardware suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies
- Continuous learning to remain at the forefront of new standards, platforms, and protocols
- Maintenance and migration of existing systems
- 50% travel required
- Perform all other duties as requested, directed or assigned
- This position has supervisory responsibilities with managers reporting to this role.
- Reports to VP/GM
- 15+ years experience working with technology products with industrial focus and developing at a high level of competency in a team environment
- Strong leadership skills to manage and grow large, distributed and diverse dynamic teams required
- 10+ years of system design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or 10+ years equivalent work experience
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to gather, analyze and interpret data as well as analyze situations accurately, utilizing a variety of analytical techniques in order to make well informed decisions
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced innovative environment required.
- Excellent project management skills required.
- Must have the ability to network and interface with high-tech companies, work within the structures and processes of engineering.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Deep understanding of relevant processes, including agile software development processes and vehicle development processes required.
- Experience designing scalable, reliable & secure platform services in cloud environments preferred.
- Ability to frequently travel domestically and international required.
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- Adept at conducting research into technology products
- Experience in hardware and software intergation and building new architecture to align with industry IIoT concepts.
- Experience in AGV, mobile robotics, entertainment and/or oil & gas markets
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 13814
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
Full/Part Time: Full-Time