Oceaneering Quality Control Inspector in Utrecht, Netherlands
Duties & Responsibilities
The Quality Control Inspector analyzes diverse quality problems to result in solutions, verifying the quality of a variety of parts, products, and processes to effect product quality. He/She may provide guidance to Quality Assurance (QA) team members in establishing quality control techniques for determining, maintaining, and improving the quality of manufacturing operations. He/She is active in the decision making pertaining to quality and assists in determining responsibilities for failure(s) to meet QA quality standards.
- Provide First Part, FAI’s, In Process and Final inspection per Oceaneering and/or customer’s requirements stated in the Work Order, drawings, parts list requirements, specifications and other job-related documentation.
- Responsible for initiating and recommending corrective action plans and assist management in developing policies and procedures which assures all areas of meeting goals, projections and producing quality products.
- Ensure that all assembly work is correctly documented and processed as defined by ISO 9001:2015 procedures and work instructions.
- Document all deviations that interfere with the acceptance of assembled product.
- Responsible to use and instruct the proper use of the appropriate inspection equipment based on product configuration and tolerances to ensure quality.
- Notify the Quality Manager of all inspection equipment calibrations, equipment recalls and/or other problems.
- Utilize production work orders and documents, as needed
- Ensure all documentation is complete and correct.
- Identify root causes and corrective action for quality problems.
- Maintain equipment and work area on a daily basis in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed work rules and standard safety regulations at all times.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Assure assembled parts meet the drawing, document and customer requirements
- Initiate rejection tags and/or Non-Conformance Reports as necessary
- Has a working knowledge of non-conforming materials procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Solves day-to-day quality problems to encompass all parts, products and processes to improve quality. Involves the affected departments, assist with coordination and reports solutions
- Assists Engineering and Operations Departments in establishing or changing methods, techniques or materials for existing or new apparatus for the control of quality or improvements
- Collaborates with Engineering and Operations Departments on related process changes and qualifications
- Serves as catalyst for assisting in the development of a Closed Loop Quality System:
- Assists in the identification of projects, priorities and corrective actions to establish a quality environment
- Assists in the ongoing development of a capable QA team and quality centered work environment, which encourages initiative for finding practical, sustainable, scalable solutions to quality-related issues
- Assesses priorities and monitors progress on product QA holds and dispositions
- Interfaces with Engineering, Sales, Operations and other management groups
- Develops working relationships and shares analysis, decisions, feedback and recommendations for quality improvements with the Team
- Assists in strategic planning as required
- Provides long-range recommendations as requested or required
- Other duties, as assigned
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Reports to the Manager Quality Assurance
- HBO/MBO degree in mechanical / electrical engineering or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of quality control experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in an ISO9001:2015 or equivalent
- Excellent Dutch and English skills (verbal and written)
- Experience with MS Office
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 13829
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands
Full/Part Time: Full-Time