Oceaneering GIS Analyst, TS/SCI in Suitland, Maryland
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
_The Advanced Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems. ADTECH is also an award winning leader in design, build, and installation of theme park entertainment ride systems and provides intra-logistic solutions using AGV systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, Oceaneering Entertainment Systems, Frog AGV Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group._
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
Participate in all phases of the charts and map lifecycle production; Acquire, analyze, compile, evaluate, and review geospatial data for use in standard products, non-standard products, and/or data holdings in support of mission requirements. Attribute, exploit, extract, format, manipulate, position, and symbolize geospatial information. Apply GIS expertise to design, build, and maintain our chart & map set.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and enhance the integrity of naval charts.
- Process and conduct quality control on incoming data; provide technical user support, verify and fulfill data requests and access request for end users; provide ad hoc chart & map creation; analyze data for routine and ad hoc requests; trouble-shoot and solve development issues; as needed develop other documentation.
- Deal with data ambiguity and make quality decisions and implement.
- Manage, track, implement, and communicate customer data requests including data validation, data processing, and archival.
- Engage with a diverse team including software developers, network administrators, other cartographers, data and navigation analysts, implementation engineers, and management.
- Identify and suggest methods to increase application throughput, robustness, and consistency in production operations.
- Knowledge of grids, projections, datums, datum transformations, ellipsoids, and coordinate systems.
- Other GIS development duties as assigned.
- Occasional travel as required. (10 days per year)
- Must hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph.
- Bachelor degree in Cartography, Computer Science, Geology, Geography, Geomatics, GIS, Physical Science, Urban and Regional Planning, or a related discipline. Equivalent work experience of five or more years of direct experience using ESRI ArcGIS Products may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 3years of related experience and a strong programming background.
- Knowledge of the Topographic Features Data Management System (TFDM) and associated data services, workflows, and data management processes.
- Use of PC software including word processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet programs (Microsoft Excel), and presentation applications (Microsoft PowerPoint) software.
- Use of scripting languages, such as Python and Visual Basic.
- Knowledge in the field of ocean engineering.
- Experience using Geospatial display and management software such as ESRI topology tools.
- A basic understanding of the concepts behind data management in a relational database.
- Experience with implementing geospatial meta-data standards, workflows, data-sharing protocols, and GIS best practices.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14374
Location: Suitland, Maryland
Full/Part Time: Full-Time