Oceaneering Sr. Mobile Application Developer (React Native) in San Diego, California
Oceaneering's Maritime Intelligence and Technology Team is on a mission to drive change in the maritime industry. By combining innovative technologies with skilled expertise we will offer solutions that increase transparency, reduce conflicts of interest and provide significant savings in time and money. Our mission's success depends on us building a team of diversified, highly skilled individuals with passion, commitment, determination and a will to succeed. Join our team now!
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Lead and participate in the design and development of an iOS/Android mobile app supporting a successful web product.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead a small team in the design and development of an iOS and Android mobile app.
- Participate in the development of features for the mobile app.
- Collaborate with the Business and Development teams to define appropriate designs, features, and solutions.
- Work closely with the Backend Development team to fetch and persist data.
- Apply comprehensive test coverage.
- Prepare the app for QA testing and publish to the App Stores.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 7+ years of professional software development experience.
- 4+ years of experience building complex iOS/Android applications.
- Strong understanding of React Native and Redux.
- Knowledgeable about source control systems (Git), branching & merging, CI, etc.
- Experience with the process of publishing apps and submitting them to the App Stores.
- Desire/drive to lead new projects.
- Strong design skills – be able to create UI that is both intuitive and professional.
- Strong written and oral communications skills (English).
- Be a team player. Have opinions and listen to others.
- Passionate about software development! Willing to learn and to help others.
- Knowledge of the maritime industry a big plus.
- iOS (Swift) and/or Android (Java/Kotlin) experience.
- Experience with Google Maps API (or suitable alternative).
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Experience working within Scrum methodology.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14134
Location: San Diego, California
Full/Part Time: Full-Time