Oceaneering Sr. Full Stack Developer in San Diego, California
Oceaneering's Maritime Intelligence and Technology Team is on a mission to drive change in the maritime industry. By combining innovative technologies with skilled expertise we will offer solutions that increase transparency, reduce conflicts of interest and provide significant savings in time and money. Our mission's success depends on us building a team of diversified, highly skilled individuals with passion, commitment, determination and a will to succeed. Join our team now!
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Lead and participate in the design and development of web applications, including sophisticated backends responsible for the ingestion and delivery of billions of records.
This position can be located in San Diego, CA or Houston, TX.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Define, design and build varied components of web-based and/or mobile applications.
- Enhance, support, and maintain a sophisticated and successful web application with a backend containing billions of records.
- Contribute to various levels of the stack, including the front-end, middle tier, ingestion/persistence of large amounts of data, and efficient retrieval from the database.
- Lead individual projects and potentially small teams.
- Develop and maintain Unit and/or Functional Tests.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience
- 6 to 10 years software development experience
- At least 5 years’ experience developing .NET/C# web applications
- At least 5 years’ experience with relational databases (SQL Server preferred)
- Desire/drive to lead new projects
- Strong analytical skills – be a problem solver and be able to develop complex algorithms
- Strong familiarity of design patterns
- Strong written and oral communications skills (English)
- Be a team player. Have opinions and listen to others.
- Passionate about software development! Willing to learn and to help others.
- Functional with technologies across most of the application stack including user interface, middle tier, and database systems.
- Knowledge of the maritime industry a big plus.
- NoSQL/Big Data experience and interest a big plus.
- Familiarity with being able to queue, process, and persist large amounts of data efficiently.
- Exposure to Azure/AWS.
- Passionate about UI/UX.
- Expertise with responsive design.
- Experience working within Scrum methodology.
- Experience with development lifecycle tools & processes such as source control (e.g., TFS, Git), build systems, branching & merging, and automated testing.
- Interest in other frameworks/platforms/runtimes (e.g. Node, Meteor, Rails).
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14085
Location: San Diego, California
Full/Part Time: Full-Time