Oceaneering Software Project Manager in San Diego, California
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Software Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating Agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering Agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The SPM may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using Agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions. The SPM may play a number of different roles in actual practice:
- Leading and managing one or many Agile teams to deliver on time, within scope, and within budget
- Eliciting software requirements from both internal and external customers
- Liaising between the project stakeholders and the agile software development team
This position can be located in San Diego, CA or Houston, TX.
- Project Planning and Management -Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects.
- Team Management- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members.
- Product Owner Support - Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
- Process Management and Improvement - Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management.
- Team building- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team.
- Requirements Gathering- Elicit and document use cases, functional requirements, and technical requirements to relay to the agile software development team and act as the subject matter expert for all features in the application.
- BA or BS or equivalent education and experience.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 3+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- Prior experience with Agile methodologies with web application development projects.
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel.
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues.
- Ability to collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value.
- MA or MS is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14086
Location: San Diego, California
Full/Part Time: Full-Time