Oceaneering Welding Technician in Panama City, Florida
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Completes all welding to meet production requirements for umbilical manufacturing facility. Follow work instructions and technical design drawings to specification to pass quality examination. Resolve technical questions and issues associated with welding operations. Interface with customers to ensure satisfaction, work with Quality Inspectors on work quality, production operators, engineers and project managers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Must to read and interpret drawings and engineering designs to fabricate to specifications. Follow work instructions on processes to complete welding projects.
- Must be familiar with SMA (shielded metal arc) welding and FCA (flux-cored arc) welding processes.
- Will be required to perform welds in all positions, sometimes with limited access.
- Must be able to pass 3G and 4G welding test.
- Familiar with carbon steel, stainless stelel and aluminum welding practices.
- Shall be able to set up equipment for the task and be able to perform task in a safe manner according to company policy/procedures.
- Welds must pass inspection by mag particle and/or penetrant testing.
- Must be able to qualify new procedures/processes on a variety of alloys and thicknesses.
- Must be willing to meet client and company deadlines.
- Maintain safety and HSE training requirements.
- Ability to work overtime when work requires, could work 4/10 hour days.
- High School diploma or equivalent education required.
- At least 2 years of production or manufacturing experience in welding.
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card) to access the Port of Panama City.
- Ability to work independently, perform task with little or no supervision.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13897
Location: Panama City, Florida
Full/Part Time: Full-Time