Oceaneering Production Planner in Panama City, Florida
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Production Planner must be able to take input and direction from various sources; prioritize tasks to meet manufacturing production schedules and the division business objectives; and optimize opportunities to improve cost, quality, delivery performance, department efficiencies, and overall service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and action MRP messages in PeopleSoft.
- Work with master scheduler to ensure that all production shortages and conflicts are mitigated in order to achieve production goals.
- Maintain PeopleSoft bills of materials based on engineering data.
- Maintain item master data in PeopleSoft.
- Generate and release production work orders in accordance with production schedule.
- Manage WIP orders throughout their lifecycle in production, including reconciliation of issues, returns, and variances of materials.
- Create pick plans for warehouse movements and issues.
- Record completions and scrap for operations.
- Data entry of material information into PeopleSoft.
- Work with project managers to evaluate, reconcile, and report on project specific production information.
- HS diploma or GED required.
- At least 5 years experience in Production Control (e.g., MRP, master production scheduling, FAS, shop floor control, demand management, production planning) in a manufacture-to-order environment.
- Port security clearance and ability to obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credentials) Card is required.
- BS degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or Business Management preferred.
- Experience in industrial or manufacturing engineering, experience with PeopleSoft or Oracle manufacturing control systems, and experience in the manufacture of large capital goods is highly desirable.
- Professional certification such as the APICS CPIM or CSCP and PMI’s CAPM are preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office programs, especially Excel, is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14277
Location: Panama City, Florida
Full/Part Time: Full-Time