Oceaneering Maintenance Technician in Panama City, Florida
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Performs preventative maintenance, diagnosis and repair of mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of manufacturing equipment and machinery. Install updated equipment or improvements and provide suggestions for continuous process improvement and efficiencies to support the production team. Diagnoses and replaces faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as extruders, conveyors, & programmable controllers.
- Connects power supply, cables and wiring to machines and equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices.
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards or other electrical components.
- Replaces electric motor bearings and rewires motors as preventative maintenance or troubleshooting.
- Plans layout and installation of wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus in buildings.
- Reviews project instructions and blueprints to ascertain procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problem, and possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts, or rearrangement of parts or subassemblies.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Five (5) or more years of experience performing maintenance, troubleshooting and repair and installation of manfuacturing or production equipment.
Must possess or be able to obtain a Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC) to work at the Port of Panama City, FL.
Ability to read hydraulic and electrical schematics, comprehend complex drawings, specifications and procedures.
Ability to assemble, disassemble and test various tools and assemblies for onshore and offshore surface and subsea applications.
Reviews project instructions and blueprints to ascertain procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problem, and possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts, or rearrangement of parts or subassemblies.
Assemble, disassemble and test various tools and assemblies for onshore and offshore surface and subsea applications.
Repairs new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for products such as industrial equipment and machinery, power equipment and machine tools.
Sets up and conducts tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors.
- 2 year degree or technical certificate in electrical or mechanical knowledge highly desired.
This position is considered SHOP/INDOORS WORK which is characterized as follows.
- "Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%.
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
Lift 20-50 pounds. Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands. Identify color differences. Wear PPE for skin protection.
Lift 10-25 pounds. Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects. Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead. Operate a motor vehicle.
Lift up to 10 pounds. Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13878
Location: Panama City, Florida
Full/Part Time: Full-Time