Oceaneering Quality Control Inspector in Orlando, Florida
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers’ creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com_ and click on Products & Services, then click Entertainment Systems (OES)._
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for performing a variety of inspections to support the production schedule as well as performing other duties as assigned. Typical inspections include dimensional, welding, painting, receiving inspection, processing non-conforming items, checking of raw materials, and interfacing with the engineering staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receiving inspection and testing.
- In-process inspecting and testing in accordance with Quality System work instructions. Included in this are reading drawings/blue prints, determining methods for dimensional inspections, inspection of paint and other coatings, weld inspection, and identification of material and inspected items to show inspection status.
- Final inspection to verify that items exhibit acceptable workmanship and that inspection reports/certificate of conformance are completed and ready for shipment with the product.
- Visual weld inspection of welds and base material.
- Maintenance of logs, filling out nonconforming material reports, and other required records of inspection and tests.
- Assuring that inspection gages and equipment are in current calibration.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years Quality Control experience in manufacturing environment or equivalent.
- Sr. Inspectors should have previous training and/or experience in the following areas:
- Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) inspection
- Geometric tolerancing
- General mechanical inspection
- Weld inspection
- Basic electrical inspection
- Knowledge of:
- Basic Technical Mathematics
- Blueprint Reading
- Inspection, measuring and Test Equipment
- Materials and Processes
- Inspection Planning
- Inspection Technology
- Basic Statistics
- Computer literacy
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
- Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions
- Job tasks are performed in close proximity to other people
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job ID: 13560
Location: Orlando, Florida
Full/Part Time: Full-Time