Oceaneering Program Manager in Orlando, Florida
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers’ creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com_ and click on Products & Services, then click Entertainment Systems (OES)._
Responsible for the overall leadership, direction, coordination, initiation, planning, implementation and execution of project plan; monitor, control and close out of projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals. Supervision of the people, tools and processes used to plan, manage and mitigate any risk events that may occur during the life cycle of the project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead complete life cycle for design/build/install projects through bid & proposal, planning, engineering, production, assembly, testing, installation, commissioning, and closeout.
- Develop full-scale project plans to include management of scope, schedule, cost, critical expenditures/long-leads, stakeholders, communication, resources, quality, health/safety/environment, change control, lessons learned, earned value reporting, and closeout.
- Communicate project plans with team members including the direction of resource assignments and allocation.
- Partner with key stakeholders (project team leaders, internal leadership, and customers) to establish and communicate priorities that accomplish project goals within approved budget and schedule controls.
- Manage project execution and scope change control to include identification/control of scope creep, identification/closure of issues, and risk management – champion the conversion of change into additional job profitability.
- Monitor and update project ETC (Estimate to Complete) on a weekly basis in coordination with Project Scheduler and Cost Analyst.
- Routinely update and deliver project status presentations to senior leadership defining project progress, problems, and corrective actions to include budget and schedule variance reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline required – mechanical, electrical, or manufacturing preferred.
- Master’s degree in engineering, management, or business administration preferred.
- Training and knowledge of PMI project management processes,progress toward, or certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) a plus.
- Five  or more years’ direct experience as a Project Manager successfully leading projects valued in $5M-$25M range, preferably in the field of electro-mechanical systems engineering.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Understanding of requirements gathering, Scopes of Work (SOW), and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) for technical projects involving engineering, manufacturing production, and installation methods and process.
- Extensive experience leading both Firm Fixed Price (FFP) and Time & Materials (T&M;) projects.
- Firm understanding and experience in commercial Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word - both in the preparation and delivery of reports and presentations.
- Demonstrated understanding of scheduling using MS Project and Primavera P6; hands-on experience preferred
- Knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft and/or Business Intelligence a plus.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere
- Requires valid passport
- Candidate may be required to travel 10-20% of the time
- Theme Park/Entertainment Industry experience is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 12933
Location: Orlando, Florida
Full/Part Time: Full-Time