Oceaneering Production Coordinator in Orlando, Florida
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers’ creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com_ and click on Products & Services, then click Entertainment Systems (OES)._
The position is responsible for creation of Project status reports where information is gathered from the individual stakeholders and re-distributed to all stakeholders in a report summary on a timely fashion. Responsible for specific Project inventory control planning that includes assembly and installation phases that lead to fluid and efficient production. Additionally based on Project size and complexity this may include creating and publishing efficient bill of material break downs that support proper staging of assembly and installation. You will work closely with the Production Management Team in the development and implementation phases of Projects. Responsible for sorting through and apply lessons learned and best practices to best fit each Project where it applies. Maintains focus and is aware of Project budget for all pertaining activities within a Project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Gather data from all elements that reflect current status on a Project.
- Publish the data in a timely fashion to all stakeholders of the Project Team.
- Create inventory control plans that relate to a Project that encompass both assembly and installation phases.
- Coordinate execution of ERP’s (Engineering Release to Production).
- Populate, organize & maintain project Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Generate, issue & track material purchase requisitions (REQs).
- Must be able to interpret Project flow and sequence of execution through collection of inputs from stakeholders and develop formal plans that aid in efficiency and throughput.
- Must have good understanding of manufacturing concepts with safety in mind.
- Must be fully engaged once Projects begin and able to adapt to delays and changes that can occur through a Project cycle.
- Must be able to forward focus and assist in driving decisions with stakeholders.
- Must design effective reports that best fit specific Project and budget.
- Must be able to lead, facilitate, or follow effectively for the purpose of Project progression in all group activities and recognize when to do each.
- Must be reasonable in approach and demonstrate listening with an open mind.
- Exhibits patience and composure in difficult situations and is timely with feedback.
- Understands and accepts accountability effectively and efficiently.
- Formal training program of one to three years (vocational, business or technical school); and/or high school diploma and/or an Associate’s Degree related to the work.
- Five  years working with a multiple departments such as, engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, assembly, quality/testing, and installation.
- Two (2) years at gathering and developing Project reports.
- Five (5) years working with inventory control planning in both assembly & installation.
- Five (5) years working with bill of materials.
- Five (5) years working within Project budgets.
- Knowledgeable in MS Word, Excel, and additional is a plus.
- Must be able to understand drawings and blueprints.
- Must be able to understand geometric dimensions and tolerancing.
- Background in math, accounting, and estimating.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Legal employment within the U.S. is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14087
Location: Orlando, Florida
Full/Part Time: Full-Time