Oceaneering Mechanical Technician in Orlando, Florida
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers’ creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com_ and click on Products & Services, then click Entertainment Systems (OES)._
The Mechanical Technician will perform production assembly, field repair, maintenance, and other associated functions on OES products or related systems. As a Mechanical Technician, you will at times lead the daily activities of a team of technicians and be the point person to communicate with the production, installation, and project teams. You will be directly involved in writing job followers and JSEAs for the mechanical team. Your safety and the safety of the team is your primary job.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Mechanical Technician will perform assembly, integration, and maintenance/repairs on equipment/systems in accordance with appropriate standards and procedures and in accordance with appropriate Safety Standards.
- Perform field installation, test/debug, and repair of equipment/systems.
- The Mechanical Technician is responsible for applying the necessary skills to ensure safe, efficient conduct of their work.
- The Mechanical Technician must be willing to teach and mentor the mechanics and contingent workers of a junior status.
- Travel on short notice (as little as twelve hours) world-wide, is required with lengthy durations of stay (months) at remote destinations.
- The Mechanical Technician must be qualified physically to perform strenuous manual work in heavy construction environments including performing work on ladders and in very confined spaces.
- The Mechanical Technician must be able to work any shifts at a days notice and long hours to make crucial deadlines.
- The Mechanical Technician must be able to work well with a team and also be self motivated and able to work alone.
- The Mechanical Technician should be able to work in extreme environments, from very hot and dry, hot and humid, and cold weather, as some work is not in a climate controlled environment.
- Assist the Production and Project Managers in the identification and implementation of new processes and improvements to existing processes as necessary to enhance the productivity/capability.
- Participation in Technical Working Groups.
- Participation in all safety programs offered by OES.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to the Supervisor, Production
- High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- Some experience in mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems assembly, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair; preferably in the entertainment industry.
- Working knowledge of and ability to read component prints, assembly drawings and work instructions.
- Working knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic power generation systems.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Microsoft Office Products.
- Knowledge in operating, troubleshooting, and maintaining those systems, sub-systems and components listed above.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9001 certified company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Ability to work in the U.S.
- Technical 2-yr degree preferred.
This position is considered SHOP/OUTDOOR WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily outdoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Humidity is frequently above 90%.
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposuire to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable.
- Constant exposure to dust
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVYwork.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Board Partnership
Job ID: 13565
Location: Orlando, Florida
Full/Part Time: Full-Time