Oceaneering Mechanical Technician in Orlando, Florida
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers’ creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com_ and click on Products & Services, then click Entertainment Systems (OES)._
The Mechanical Technician will perform production assembly, field repair, maintenance, and other associated functions on OES products or related systems. Your safety and the safety of the team is your primary job.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform assembly, integration, and maintenance/repairs on equipment/systems in accordance with appropriate standards and procedures and in accordance with appropriate Safety Standards.
- Perform field installation, test/debug, and repair of equipment/systems.
- Responsible for applying the necessary skills to ensure safe, efficient conduct of their work.
- Mentor other mechanics and contingent workers.
- Must be able to work well with a team and also be self motivated and able to work alone.
- Participation in all safety programs offered by OES.
- Periods of overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent.
- Technical 2-yr degree preferred.
- Two years experience in mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems assembly, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair; preferably in the entertainment industry.
- Working knowledge of and ability to read component prints, assembly drawings and work instructions.
- Working knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic power generation systems.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Knowledge in operating, troubleshooting, and maintaining those systems, sub-systems and components listed above.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9001 certified company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Ability to work in the U.S.
This position is considered SHOP/OUTDOOR WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily shop/outdoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Humidity is frequently above 90%.
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposuire to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable.
- Constant exposure to dust
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVYwork.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors .
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Lift 25-50 pounds.
- Wear PPE for head, hands.
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated.
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Lift 10-20 pounds.
- Standing and walking.
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13932
Location: Orlando, Florida
Full/Part Time: Full-Time