Oceaneering Electrical Technician in Orlando, Florida
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers’ creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com_ and click on Products & Services, then click Entertainment Systems (OES)._
The Electrical Technician performs assembly, integration, factory testing, installation, site testing, maintenance, and repair of complex equipment and systems for a variety of OES projects under the direction of a Lead Technician, Senior Technician, Field Engineer and/or a technical supervisor.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interpret and understand schematics and mechanical drawings to assemble and wire control panels to OES standards of aesthetics and function.
- Perform field installation, test/debug, and repair equipment/systems under direction of senior technical personnel.
- Available to travel worldwide on short notice (as little as twelve hours) with lengthy durations of stay (up to several months) at remote destinations.
- Communicate sensitive technical information efficiently and effectively.
- Participate in technical working groups to assess and improve and implement processes to enhance the productivity/capability of OES activities.
- Qualified physically to perform strenuous manual work in heavy construction environments including performing work on ladders and in restricted and confined spaces.
- Understand OII Safety Standards and be a confident ambassador and a leader of a strong culture based on safety on every worksite.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 0-2 yearsElectronic assembly experience, preferably on PLC control panels.
- Aptitude to work effectively in all aspects of the work.
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- Must quickly learn the highest standards in a UL 508A control panel building shop.
- Some electronic training preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13562
Location: Orlando, Florida
Full/Part Time: Full-Time