Oceaneering Designer in Orlando, Florida
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers’ creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences.
*For more information please go to *www.oceaneering.com_ and click on Products & Services, then click Entertainment Systems (OES)._
The Designer applies creative design skill, knowledge of manufacturing techniques, and Computer Aided Design Drafting practices to the generation of layout, assembly, and detail drawings for mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic equipment of simple to moderate complexity for a variety of ADTECH projects. The Designer may also prepare sketches and other graphic information for use within technical documents, proposals, and sales-related documents. May occasionally supervise the work of other less experienced designers and drafters on a specific project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- With minimal instructions, prepare CADD solid models (SolidWorks part and assembly level), complete layout and detail drawings, including application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, for moderately complex equipment or mechanisms.
- Perform independent, original designs and interact with engineering and manufacturing personnel to ensure manufacturability and proper assembly.
- Check technical accuracy and completeness of drawings.
- May provide occasional supervision of other designers and drafters on specific projects as directed by the Project Manager.
- Prepare engineering drawings, layout and detailed design of mechanical systems using drafting techniques (SolidWorks or AutoCad).
- Select various electrical and mechanical components to meet performance requirements.
- May interact with clients.
- May supervise work of one or more designers and/or drafters on a single project.
- Prepare illustrations for technical documentation, proposals, and sales-related documents.
- Support engineering activity with solid modeling to prepare models for export to engineering analysis/simulation software including merging and meshing of parts and application of load vectors under the direction of senior or higher level engineering staff.
- Formal training in use of SolidWorks solid modeling software.
- Minimum two years of experience in mechanical design.
- Familiarity with ANSI 14.5 geometric tolerancing.
- Able to be a self-starter and work independently to develop original designs or modifications.
- Good verbal and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with vendors and customers.
- Be a team player. Able to interact with managers and engineers to solve difficult problems and challenges.
- Willing to “go the extra mile” in order to meet company goals.
- Able to work overtime hours as needed.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance and pass a drug test.
- Technical writing skills are helpful.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13854
Location: Orlando, Florida
Full/Part Time: Full-Time