Oceaneering Category Manager - Oceaneering Entertainment Systems in Orlando, Florida
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Entertainment Systems (OES) is an award-winning ride systems designer/integrator that contributes to the cutting-edge development of theme park technologies and other custom solutions. Comprised of some of the best talent in the industry, OES is a group of engineers,installers, planners, project managers, and visionaries who work together to bring a logical approach to its Customers’ creative challenges. The success of OES comes from our ability to interpret the visions of some of the most talented Creative Designers in the themed attractions industry, and utilize its compelling engineering expertise in order to help them create compelling shows and powerful experiences. **This position may be located in Orlando, FL. , Houston, TX. , or Hanover, MD.
The Category Manager will define, manage, implement, and optimize an appropriate sourcing strategy for assigned commodities for Oceaneering International Inc. Manage cross-functional business relationships in the development and implementation of collaborative supply strategies, end to end contracting, performance management, and continuous improvement operations. Serve as the primary interface between suppliers and Oceaneering’s operational, supply chain and engineering/operational teams. Work as the primary change agent and supplier relationship manager for improving Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost in the category supply base.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create, implement and manage a Strategic Sourcing Plan for the assigned Purchasing Categories in order to achieve the best commercial position for Oceaneering.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop supplier and commodity plans which support projects and service lines in the creation of added value to the company.
- Lead contract strategies, negotiations and supplier selection for assigned commodities and services with intent to create a win-win situation for OII and supplier.
- Regularly review category strategies and enhance effectiveness of existing strategies and/or develop new strategies in response to evolving market factors and requirements
- Collect, segment, prioritize and evaluate key category/supplier data; acting upon supply conditions that influence total cost of ownership or place company operations at risk
- Develop effective cost reduction models for key suppliers with risk profiles
- Communicate variance as it relates to budgeted or targeted costs.
- Understand OII Product Roadmaps, communicate to suppliers and capitalize on supplier product development activities.
- Collaborate with suppliers to assess emerging opportunities and leverage technology innovations from the supply base. Facilitate technical meetings as appropriate.
- Drive supplier rationalization, standardization, and cost reduction opportunities.
- Support development of more efficient execution processes with supply partners.
- Cultivate a strong business relationship with assigned suppliers.
- Lead supplier relationship management activities for respective category.
- Obtain and internally disseminate market intelligence obtained through business relationships.
- Work with operational, project and supply chain personnel to ensure safe and timely delivery of quality products/services which satisfy all requirements.
- Continually monitor supplier performance; utilizing operational team resources to mitigate any issues and meet specified performance targets.
- Direct and manage supplier performance improvement initiatives; implement gap closure plans, action plans and service level agreements where necessary.
- Ensure the creation and clear communication of proper technical, quality, legal and commercial requirements for product and services.
- Develop short and long term demand profiles and work with supply base to ensure capacity.
- Support the business (pre and post award) with contract risk management expertise and ensure compliance between business unit and suppliers.
- Identify supplier risk for respective category and develop mitigation plans to alleviate potential loss to the business
- Proactively identify, communicate and mitigate schedule execution issues.
- 30% Travel domestic and international, as needed
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities, but will lead global teams which directly affect P&L; bottom line
- Bachelor degreee in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or Automation Technology
- 8+ years’ experience in advanced networks and controls engineering, or automation technology
- Five or more (5+) years in customer or supplier relationship management
- Experience with full line of voice, video, data, motion, communication and wireless systems.
- Familiarity with automation systems including device hardware, PLCs, and SCADA equipment
- Experience sourcing network, automation, controls and robotic equipment
- Experience engineering or sourcing Satellite, VIOP, or TLE systems
- Strong commercial background in the respective field or category
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Masters Degree in related field
- Experience with value engineering activities
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft or similar ERP software
- The ability to obtain a security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13581
Location: Orlando, Florida;Hanover, Maryland;Houston, Texas