Oceaneering Vessel QMED in Morgan City, Louisiana
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
Assist duty engineer officer as required in maintaining the engine room for the vessel.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the chief engineer and assistant engineer in doing daily maintenance or repairs to vessel equipment.
- Oil and grease moving parts, such as gears, shafts and bearings of engines and auxiliary equipment used to propel maritime vessels
- Start and stop auxiliary machinery
- Assist with lining up valves and lines for engine room systems
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly preventative maintenance
- Keep engine room and other machinery spaces clean and oil free
- Fill oil cups on machinery with grease and lubricating oil according to machinery lubrication instructions.
- Read pressure and temperature gauges, recording data in the engineering log
- Clean and paint the machinery space and all the machinery in it to prevent corrosion
- Take readings and measurements to examine machinery for specific pressure and flow of lubricants
- Perform minor repairs.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilties.
- High School diploma orGeneral Education Degree (GED) is required. Vocational training is preferred.
- Two (2) years minimum related experience.
- Vessel experience in the Gulf of Mexico within the oil and gas industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of SMS shipboard procedures.
- Merchant Mariner’s Credential with QMED endorsement
- USCG Medical Certificate
- STCW-95 (Standard Training and Watch Keeping Certification) with RFEW (Rate Forming Part of an Engineering Watch) endorsement.
- SafeGulf experience.
- Valid Passport
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Valid TWIC card.
- Security Clearance preferred / Able to pass a security clearance
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVYwork.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13959
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana
Full/Part Time: Full-Time