Oceaneering Vessel Cook in Morgan City, Louisiana
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Vessel Cook assists with various tasks while maintaining a clean, sanitized work station, as well as, other cleaning tasks as assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Orders groceries and prepares meals to serve to crew on vessels.
- Plans a menu, taking advantage of foods in season, available locally, and cost efficient.
- Supervises catering and galley staffs and its operation for all food preparation.
- Carries out duties as directed by Captain during emergency drills.
- Maintain accurate records of all stocks and usage.
- Ensures that all work areas under his jurisdiction comply with all industry accepted guidelines and relevant regulations, maintaining sanitation, health, and safety standards in work area.
- Ensures sufficient food stocks are maintained onboard the vessel.
- Washes pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and other cooking equipment.
- Operates large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of groceries
- Ensure that the refrigeration equipment is kept at the correct temperature for the provisions stored in them
- High School diploma orGeneral Education Degree (GED) is required. Vocational training is preferred.
- Five (5) years minimum cooking experiences with one year of experience onboard an offshore vessel.
- Merchant Mariner’s Credential
- USCG Medical Certificate
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Valid TWIC card.
- Valid Passport
- Must be creative in planning menus.
- Supervisory experience helpful.
- Knowledge of meal preparation, including baking and ordering food supplies for large crews.
- Knowledge of industrial galley equipment.
- Security Clearance preferred / Able to pass a security clearance
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
This position is considered HEAVYwork.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13960
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana