Oceaneering Shop Technician in Morgan City, Louisiana
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary role of the Shop Technician is to perform onshore pre-job, maintenance and post-job tasks on all ST&R; and client owned equipment. No offshore activities will be performed in this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist all technicians as required in the shop
- Perform pre-job, maintenance and post-job on all equipment used on offshore projects
- Load, unload and moveequipment as required
- Assist with the disassembly, inspection, reassembly, and testing of equipment
- Troubleshoot, identify, repair, or replace defective parts
- Attend training sessions and maintain credentials as needed
- Pressure wash, clean, and put away all equipment that was used on the jobs
- Maintain housekeeping in the work area. Ensure shop is cleaned up, tools and equipment are put away, trash cans are emptied, etc.
- Work in a team environment in the shop
- Assist shipping and receiving in loading and unloading of all equipment, maintaining general inventories and upkeep of spares kits.
- May attend pre- and post- job meetings with Project Managers and Clients with or in place of Lead Technician.
- Understanding of hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
- Experience in an industrial and shop environment.
- Mechanical and/or hydraulic assembly and testing.
- Knowledge of subsea tree control and water/glycol hydraulic control systems.
- Technical school education.
- Knowledge of diesel mechanics.
- Military or law enforcement background.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVYwork.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Lift 25-50 pounds.
- Wear PPE for head, hands.
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated.
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Lift 10-20 pounds.
- Standing and walking.
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14270
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana
Full/Part Time: Full-Time