Oceaneering Rigger in Morgan City, Louisiana
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Rigger will be required to set up and maintain all rigging and equipment on vessels, barges, docks and platforms.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Properly identify correct rigging according to weight and size of load to be moved.
- Set up and inspect equipment, performs minor repairs and maintenance as needed.
- Assemble rigging to lift and move equipment/materials in worksite.
- Perform deck maintenance/cleanup as needed.
- Maintain rigging inventory for each vessel.
- Set up and brace hoisting equipment using hand tools or power wrenches.
- Ensure taglines are attached for all necessary lifts.
- High school graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- Six months to one (1) year related experience.
- Valid TWIC.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Requires working outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions.
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
- Includes exposure to contaminants.
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures.
- Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions.
- Requires working in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Eye protection
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13763
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana
Full/Part Time: Full-Time