Oceaneering Project Manager - Papua New Guinea in Melbourne, Australia
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Project Manager – PNG (based in Melbourne) will support the Regional Manager within the Asset Integrity business in delivering successful in-country projects as well supporting the Company growth strategy through exploring any and all organic opportunities.
This role is a combination of project management, business development and internal organization management to deliver on current and future commitments.
The role will interface with internal stakeholders alongside the Company's external clients and therefore the Project Manager must be a proficient communicator at all levels, with experience of communicating effectively across a global organization. The Project manager is expected to liaise closely with various operations groups within the greater region.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leading project planning sessions,
- Coordination of field and operational support staff; act as key focal point;
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs;
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget;
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques;
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to address any queries arising;
- Identify and leverage potential opportunities for business growth within project and region;
- With support from the Management team, development company brand and promote new business within country;
- Represent Oceaneering Asset Integrity at trade shows, professional meetings and industry forums.
- Regular travel will be expected to and from PNG
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
This role will report directly to General Manager – Asset Integrity
- Technical and/or Business degree(s) within an Engineering discipline
- Project Management experience / qualifications
- Business and Administration qualification
- Experience in or working knowledge or non-destructive testing (NDT) techniques
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Experience within Operations & Projects from the Inspection or non-destructive services industry;
- Experience in managing projects remotely;
- Experience managing/developing a Business;
- Demonstrated ability to generate good contacts and foster relationships;
- Excellent knowledge of the Pipeline and Inspection/Integrity industries;
- Understanding of the social and business cultures and practices.
Although primarily office based, this role will require ocassional Outdoors and Offshore commuting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUMwork.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
Lift up to 10 pounds
Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Job ID: 13997
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time