Oceaneering Level I E/C Technician in Lafayette, Louisiana
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Inspects offshore structures, vessels and pipelines, and their appurtenances, for conformance to specifications, using fixed or preset measuring instruments: Travels offshore on vessels and in aircraft. Examines materials or products for anomalies, damage, or defects, such as cracks, pits, incomplete welds, holes, dents, excessive corrosion, etc. Examines coating conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with diving contractors or individually to perform various inspections and surveys of offshore structures, vessels and pipelines.
- Perform cathodic protection surveys of offshore structures, vessels and pipelines.
- Use camera, video and written documentation techniques in the inspection and survey of offshore structures, vessels and pipelines.
- Use and maintain various types of inspection equipment.
- Perform inspection report generation via computer using various software applications.
- Instruct and train other personnel as needed and experience permits.
- Continuously learn and improve office and computer skills.
- Working at least 180 days per year offshore(with limited onshore work), usually on a non-rotational basis, i.e., there is no set schedule and the duration of a given job is not fixed. Travel to offshore locations by vessel or aircraft.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to pass Safe Gulf & HUET Water Survival training.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a TWIC card, valid Passport, Safe Gulf & HUET Water Survival.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be capable of working at heights on ropes.
This position is considered ONSHORE and OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered *HEAVY *work.
- Lift 50-100 pounds.
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors.
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots.
- Lift 25-50 pounds.
- Wear PPE for head, hands.
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated.
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Lift 10-20 pounds.
- Standing and walking.
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14028
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Full/Part Time: Full-Time