Oceaneering Controller in Lafayette, Louisiana
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Primarily responsible for Survey Services management of accounting, financial reporting and compliance with SOX procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assume full administrative ownership of the accounting function in support of business operations.
- Manage monthly and quarterly financial reviews, closing, and reporting processes.
- Meets with and collaborates with project managers and business unit leaders to ensure monthly and quarterly financials best represent the status of our projects. Works with the commercial, project management and operations to improve tender, cost tracking and budgeting tools.
- Identify financial risks and work with the business team to develop and implement mitigation strategies.
- Partner with technical / business leaders and staff to drive operating performance and act as a champion for cost optimization, productivity, inventory accuracy, and utilization.
- Maintains and updates 5-year business plan with input from management and business unit leaders.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, principles.
- Prepare monthly financial statement reconciliations, explaining variances not explained by obvious business activities or trends.
- Maintain the integrity and timeliness of all general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for client invoicing including compliance with contractual requirements, and supporting documentation.
- Manage Quarterly and Annual audit process.
- Responsible for maintaining records in accordance with company and client requirements.
- Provides Cash Management planning and reporting to the business unit including Billing, Collections, DSO's, and Contract Assets and Liabilities.
- Assist with Bids, Contract, and Customer business/financial reviews as needed.
- Assist with action plans, allocation of resources, CAPEX strategy & planning, and updating forecast as required.
- Lead and Manage finance and accounting team, provide direction in alignment with company strategy. Build an effective team that manages and champions change.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline from an accredited university or college. CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience.
- Experience with reporting under US GAAP for US Parent Company.
- Experience leading and mentoring a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13803
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
Full/Part Time: Full-Time