Oceaneering Welder in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary role of this position is to perform manual and automatic gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW)in the fabrication, assembly, repair and maintenance ofprimarily small bore stainless steel tubing and other varied manufactured components as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Select equipment and plan layout, assembly, and welding.
- Set up equipment and weld parts using manual and automatic GTAW.
- Perform welding in accordance with approved welding procedures.
- Lay out, position, align, and fit components together in accordance with Engineering provided drawings or schematics.
- Bolt, clamp, and tack-weld parts to secure in position for welding.
- Assemble parts by bolting and riveting.
- Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
- Handle both ferrous and non ferrous materials.
- Minimum two (2) years related experience or training.
- Basic computer skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of GTAW manual and automatic welding equipment, including power supply, welding torch, gas equipment, and hand tools.
- Pass manual GTAW welder performance qualification test on small bore stainless steel tubing.
This position is considered SHOP/INDOOR WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lift 20-50 pounds.
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences.
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift up to 10 pounds.
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13822
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time