Oceaneering Sr. Surveyor in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. Our Marine Construction Survey Services Division improves efficiency throughout the marine construction process by providing accurate and precise positioning services for drilling rigs, pipeline lay, derrick barges, and dynamically positioned (DP) multi-purpose construction vessels.
The position of Sr Surveyor of Marine Construction Survey Services exists for the purpose of managing and carrying out required tasks in the field for survey projects, as requested by manager or project specific manager, and / or field client representatives for the survey project’s field activities. This position is responsible for assuring that client needs are effectively met regarding field activities, and that all tasks are performed efficiently, responsibly and in accordance with safe work procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists new and fellow employees in performing their work in accordance with safe work procedures.
- Coordinates and communicates with clients, crew members and project managers.
- Conducts and documents daily Job Safety Analysis (JSA)/ Safety pre-tower meetings.
- Responsible for offshore operations including personnel, daily progress and asset utilization.
- Trains and adheres to OII, DOTD or client company’s specific requirements.
- Managages and carries out specific job tasks as requested by client or project manager.
- Complies with company safety rules and training, conducts operations safely and reports any unsafe conditions or practices immediately to his/her supervisor.
- Responsible for the care and safety of company equipment.
- Training of fellow field personnel.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Two year technical degree or higher in a STEM field of study.
- Three or more years experience as a Surveyor in the Marine Construction Survey field.
- Must be proficient with a variety of the field concepts, practices, procedures and equipment operations such as GPS, Navigation Software, USBL and scanning sonar.
- Must have valid driver’s license and suitable driving record that is able to meet company driver requirements.
- Must have or be able to obtain TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential).
- Must have knowledge of basic computer skills, major survey equipment manufacturer’s software and equipment.
- University degree or equivalent.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered OFFSHOREwhich is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85db and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
This position is considered HEAVY**work.
- Team Lift 50-100 pounds.
- Sit, twist, crawl, climb stairs/ ladders, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Operate small water vessel or ATV.
- Lift 25-45 pounds.
- Wear PPE for head, hands.
- Balance, stoop, kneel, squat, crouch, reach with hands and arms, and lift/carry objects, handle or feel.
- Differentiate between colors.
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Lift 10-20 pounds.
- Standing and walking.
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection.
- Close vision ability and ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing all ranges.
- Wear steel toed shoes/boots.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14563
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time