Oceaneering Sr. Survey Data Analyst in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Sr. Survey Data Analyst is responsible for data processing and analysis activities required for job preparation, field support, office QC, final reporting QC, final deliverable QC, and project close out activities asassigned by Project Management. This position operates personal computers with appropriate software programs to support data processing and analysis tasks.This position interfaces closely with the GIS and Project Management teams to support a range of survey efforts, mapping and deliverables.
Everyday activities will include, but not be limited to, data processing and analysis support for: surface navigation setup and calibration (DGPS, Vessel Offsets, Gyro, and MRU), sub-surface navigation setup, calibration and data acquisition (USBL, LBL, and INS), spool and jumper metrology (LBL, Subsea LIDAR, Inertial) and pipeline surveys (as-laid, as-built, pipeline scanning, out of straightness).
Involvement with and support of the Company's competency, HSE and quality programs is expected.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail.
- Timely and diligent execution of assigned tasks.
- Prepares map data and charts as required.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Willingness to mentor other team members.
- Comply with company safety rules and training, conduct operations safely and report any unsafe condition or practices immediately to his/her supervisor.
- Assist, train and direct work within regional offices.
- Provides data management, survey mapping and GIS solutions to a wide range of complex problems.
- Actively supports Survey Service’s continuous improvement efforts to ensure that business and technical practices remain highly competitive.
- Technical degree or higher in related field or comparable work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in offshore and onshore Surveying, preferably in the offshore activities detailed above, and CAD operation in the surveying and mapping field, or demonstrates the equivalent skill level and knowledge to perform required duties.
- Must demonstrate practical experience of data management, data analysis, GIS, mapping and data standards and associated software.
- Familiar with or willingness to learn and use Google products and PeopleSoft.
- Possess computer office skills and ability to operate programs such as Microsoft Office products (Work, Excel, Project, etc.), AutoCAD, 3D point cloud processing applications (Cyclone).
- Project Management training or certification.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13862
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time