Oceaneering Solutions Analyst (HCM) in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The HCM Solutions Analyst is responsible for supporting the use, configuration, and day to day operations of HCM solution across all business units. They will work closely with IT management and Corporate Human Resources to identify, develop, deploy and support solutions that leverage best practices and streamline and/or improve the efficiency of HR operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide global functional support to end users. Interface with the Business to resolve Human Resources application related issues including data quality and system performance.
- Analyzes work processes and operations, establishing solution objectives, and evaluates information systems functionality to determine impact to business operations.
- Propose “best practices” and standards to correct and improve business processes as related to responsible modules.
- Understand existing technical capabilities both internal and externally available and adapt to Oceaneering applicability.
- Create and suggest workarounds for issues while waiting for fixes.
- Design, configure, test, document, and deploy solutions to meet business requirements (including creating functional specifications).
- Participate in functional group and project meetings.
- Interact and work with other team members cross-departmentally.
- Exhibit business and systems analysis knowledge.
- Work with other analysts to coordinate the production support, configuration, setup, maintenance, customizations and enhancements of HCM applications to Oceaneering specifications.
- Must have solid analysis skills, knowledge of business process review functions, knowledge of process design and functionality.
- Strong problem resolution and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to deal with complex problems and the ability to see relationships between problem components and prioritizes them.
- Ability to participate in group problem solving for immediate issues and to collaborate with team and share relevant information with those who may be affected by decisions.
- Ability to convey technical information to others in non- technical terms.
- Ability to recognize immediate obstacles to completing work and initiate action to address a need without being directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- 3 years of related experience working with HCM systems and using PeopleSoft or other large enterprise systems.
- Human Capital Management (HCM) 9.2.
- PeopleSoft Query.
- Business Process Review.
- Process Design and Functionality.
- Problem Resolution/Troubleshooting.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14556
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time