Oceaneering Service Technician in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary role of the Service Technician is to assist with assembly and testing of the subsea pipeline connection & repair systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform pre and post job testing on all equipment. Load and unload gang boxes and work vans.
- Disassemble, inspect, maintain, repair and reassemble all equipment. Troubleshoot, identify and replace defective parts and components on all equipment.
- Apply lubricants to machine parts such as shafts, pulleys, gears and bearings including motors and pumps.
- Clean and remove dirt, grease, waste material and pressure washes all equipment.
- Clean work area, tools and equipment and perform other routine duties associated with day to day operations and equipment upkeep.
- Instruct other technicians in job setup, de-mob and pre-and post-job testing of all equipment as per Lead Technician or Shop Foreman direction.
- Assist with all technical data for job such as drawings and changes to drawings as required for job.
- Provide support on subsea products and assists in maintenance, repair, installation and commissioning of these products.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment that is involved with job.
- Maintain credentials and complete required training on-line in Learning Management System.
- Assist shipping and receiving in loading and unloading of all equipment, maintaining general inventories and upkeep of spares kits.
- May attend pre- and post- job meetings with Project Managers and Clients with or in place of Lead Technician.
- May directly interface with client on job issues and problems if Lead Technician is not available and maintain professionalism.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid passport, TWIC card, and the ability to obtain foreign work visas.
- Willingness to work offshore and overseas for extended periods of time.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Mechanical and/or hydraulic assembly, hydrostatic testing, and offshore installation experience.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of hydraulic and mechanical systems.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
- Requires working outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions.
- Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lift 50-100 pounds.
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors.
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Lift 25-50 pounds.
- Wear PPE for head, hands.
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated.
- Work with arms.
- Lift 10-20 pounds.
- Standing and walking.
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14554
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time