Oceaneering Senior Optimization Manager - Maritime in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering's Maritime Intelligence and Technology Team is on a mission to drive change in the maritime industry. By combining innovative technologies with skilled expertise we will offer solutions that increase transparency, reduce conflicts of interest and provide significant savings in time and money. Our mission's success depends on us building a team of diversified, highly skilled individuals with passion, commitment, determination and a will to succeed. Join our team now!
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Maritime SME is a resource that has detailed knowledge of the Tramp Shipping Industry. They understand the business model and processes of chartering, broking, ship operating and pre and post fixture tasks. They understand the inefficiencies and conflicts of interest within the maritime industry. They will work closely with all aspects of the product development, Portvision, Performance Management and eventually Voyage Outsourcing. In addition, they will be working very closely with customers, data scientists and analysts to understand the customers’ challenges and to ensure we offer solutions.
This position may be based in Houston, TX or work remotely.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand and commit to the vision and innovation of the MIP business plan and work tirelessly to execute the strategy.
- Actively participate in marketing, sales, product development and operations workgroups while simultaneously disseminating information across all levels of the maritime program.
- Identify and articulate opportunities for disruption in the maritime industry to all stakeholders.
- Articulate best practices to the project manager(s) that centers around the reduction of waste in the bulk maritime logistics sector.
- Work with the Portvision team to provide knowledge and insight to ensure that new modules add value.
- Provide relevant content to the marketing team to use in digital and strategic marketing efforts.
- Work with the sales team to develop and demonstrate innovative solutions for customers within the sales pipeline.
- Work with data scientists, analysts, and researchers to develop and deliver actionable insights during client engagements.
- Offer a strong network of potential customers and work with commercial teams to maximize this network.
- Manage the Voyage Outsourcing Control Tower when that part of the business strategy takes effect.
- Significant global air travel.
- Attend workshops, trade shows, and seminars to keep up-to-date on changes in the industry.
- Demonstrate Oceaneering leadership with regard to Bulk Maritime Logistics through speaking engagements; write papers and trade magazine articles.
- Provide formal and informal training as required.
- Degree in Transportation.
- Excellent understanding of Bulk Maritime Supply Chain including chartering, brokering, and voyage/vessel operations/management.
- 10+ years’ experience in Maritime Logistics.
- Experience in optimisation and efficiency projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14548
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time