Oceaneering Project Superintendent in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Project Superintendent will focus on the planning and execution of well intervention projects to ensure goals and objectives of each project are safely accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters, and the client receives a quality service which meets or exceeds all the customer requirements. Intervention Services utilizes an integrated (topside, downhole and subsea infrastructure) approach to meet the needs of the offshore intervention and production enhancement industry.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in system configuration and costing during the bid stage
- Assist customer in preparation of intervention and project execution plan
- Work with project team to develop preliminary concepts, analyses and drawings in the proposal development phase
- Maintain customer communication from project inception through project close-out
- Prepare, review and approve associated project plans and technical procedures
- Lead offshore team consisting of ROV, survey, vessel, intervention and third party technicians
- Assume responsibility for control of the wellbore during normal operating conditions and understand at what point the well would require to be shut in to avoid any well control event, while also being trained for ability to bring a well under control should the need arise
- Manage and direct personnel and subcontractors in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of projects
- Work with project team to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Monitor and control costs of offshore work with Project Manager to ensure contractor and customer invoice accuracy
- Assume responsibility for inventory of all Company owned equipment while offshore and use of material transfer documentation
- Prepare project reports for management along with delivering all required client reports to fully communicate status, change management and issues
- Conduct and attend client meetings
- Serve as principle HSE agent on vessel for Oceaneering activities
- Consult with supervisory personnel to resolve complaints or performance issues within work force
- Ensure all procedures are adhered to and comply with all standards applicable to the project
- Keep abreast with the regulations and standards associated with offshore well intervention.
- Travel domestically, international and offshore as needed
- Maintain training requirements and necessary documentation
- Ten (10) years of offshore operations experience
- Five (5) years of specific downhole well experience
- Five (5) years of demonstrated leadership experience
- Five (5) years of demonstrated customer relations experience
- Current well control certification and practices experience in cased hole well control
- Knowledge of subsea infrastructure including trees, manifolds, umbilicals, flowlines, etc.
- Familiar with all regulations and standards associated with offshore well intervention
- Extensive knowledge of subsea well completion and workover practices, subsea XT interface and control, subsea infrastructure, subsea intervention and subsea pressure control
- Familiar with mobilization of oilfield equipment for subsea projects
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn and navigate in PeopleSoft or similar enterprise management software, AutoCad, SolidWorks, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Must be able to obtain:
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Certification for Helicopter Underwater Escape Training, Water Survival Training and BOSIET
- Valid Passport
- Necessary visas for international travel
- Willingness to travel on short notice
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make decisions, plan and supervise workloads within a fast paced working environment
- Engineering degree
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 12914
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time