Oceaneering Project Manager in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, direct, and coordinate activities of a single or multiple projects to ensure that goals or objectives of project are safely accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters and the customer receives a quality product or service which meets or exceeds all of the customer requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Set up and monitor project budget.
- Assist customer in preparation of design ideas and specifications.
- Establish and monitor project execution plan, budget, and staffing for each phase of project.
- Ensure development of effective project schedules and understand the critical path(s) of the project(s). After project kicks off, monitor the status of the schedule and ensure reaction to any developments concerning the critical path or other key elements of the project(s) schedule is effective and timely.
- Maintain customer communication from conception through design, manufacture, testing and shipping of products while developing strong customer relationship and building for future work from customer base. Includes identifying opportunities for Oceaneering in other areas then just the target scope.
- Ensure project scope is achieved as well as initiating change management processes as variations and changes from contract requirements or execution plan occurs. Variations or changes include but are not limited to, deliverables quantities, technical requirements, quality requirements, schedule changes and approval delays.
- Arrange and monitor assignments of project personnel and key functional department support. This may require establishing work plan and staffing for each phase of project as well as arranging recruitment of project personnel.
- Update proposal risk register and maintain register as project evolves which includes developing effective mitigation plans for significant risks and identifying any new risks as they arise. Escalate any risks accordingly to ensure appropriate management is aware as well as developing lessons learned for future or concurrent projects.
- Ensure key project control documents are generated and maintain such as:
- Quality plans and ITP
- MDL and/or SDRL
- Risk Registers and Lessons Learned
- Communication Plans and associated systems related to communication control
- Manufacturing Databooks
- Validate and verify the quality requirements of all deliverables, both documentation and hardware, meet the appropriate specifications.
- Generate purchase requisitions and review and approve supplier invoices.
- Prepare project reports, forecast, variance explanations and other technical and financial reports for management, client, or others.
- Travels domestically and overseas as needed.
- Maintain training requirements as directed by management. **
- Assist in system configuration and costing of the system and components during the bid stage.
- Prepare project reports for management which includes monthly reports, status, financial and forecast, along with delivering all appropriate customer reports as outline in contract and required to fully communicate status, change management and issues.
- Work with Project Groups Manager to ensure project and departmental controls and policies are adhered to.
- Facilitate technical advice and problem resolution with customer and internally.
- Confer with project technical personnel to provide guidance where appropriate to ensure technical objections are being met and ensuring that any scope changes are being captured.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, technical or business discipline or equivalent combination of related experience and education.
- Minimum three (3) years Project Management experience and/or related experience.
- Experience in Pneumatic, Hydraulic, and Electrical Logic.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn and navigate in PeopleSoft or similar enterprise management software, AutoCAD®, SolidWorks, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Must hold/maintain a valid passport and be able to obtain visas for international travel.
- An Accredited Engineering Degree.
- Risk Management training.
- Ability to communicate in another language, especially German, Chinese, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Formal training in Project Management.
- PMP certification.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14152
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time