Oceaneering Project Engineer in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Project Engineer is responsible for support on small to medium-sized projects and/or individual components of larger more complex projects.Responsibilities include conceptual work, engineering analysis and final detailed design of products and systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Check drawings, create design and material specifications and other project engineering deliverables.
- Perform equipment evaluations and support material sourcing.
- Allocate assignments of various portions of a project to assigned Designers/Drafters, Technicians or other Engineers.
- Develop project budgets and schedules on an as needed basis.
- Provide status and progress reports to customer, project team, and management.
- Convert handling, production, installation, and in-situ scenarios into loading and boundary constraints for effective finite element analysis.
- Interpret FEA and stress results to advance the design.
- Identify material, coating and cathodic protection solutions for subsea hardware.
- Review customer specifications and help support bids & proposals stage of the project.
- Interface with customer, other project vendors and installation contractors to identify interface data and ensure resolution of subsea related issues.
- Participate in HAZOPS, Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and System Integration Testing (SIT).
- Position may require some travel including offshore.
- BS Mechanical/Structural Engineering
- Minimum five (5) years of industry related experience
- Working knowledge of ASME Sect. VIII, ASME B31.8 and API Specifications API 6A, 17D, and 5L required
- Proficient with basic Engineering Fundamentals, including pressure vessel design and stress calculations
- Must be familiar with basic hydraulic components and be able to read hydraulic schematics and P&IDs;
- Must have experience performing material selection for subsea structures
- Proficient in Solidworks and MathCAD
- Must have a good understanding of subsea architecture and basic knowledge of subsea facilities and hardware
- Must have basic knowledge of checking and reviewing machine, weldment and assembly drawings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good presentation skills required
* * DESIRED
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD a plus
- Knowledge of PLM (Product Life Management) System, specifically Enovia a strong plus
- Knowledge of pipeline repair systems and equipment (used in shallow and deep water) a strong plus
- Experience with GD&T; a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 12979
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time