Oceaneering Operations Resourcing Manager in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The position of Operations Resourcing Manager (ORM)exists for the purpose of supporting the Director, Survey Services in leading high-performance personnel development & technical application teams(partnered with matrixed support functions) to organize for effective/efficient execution and outstanding overall performance.
This individual is responsible for ensuring the (survey) business unit has a high quality, stable yet flexible service-delivery model in enablement of the BU project management group, with capability to support growth and geographic expansion.
Accountability is undertaken for effective crew and equipment scheduling, utilization, and performance delivery within group projects, underway and planned…primarily related to Survey & Positioning projects (Marine Construction).
This role is critical in personnel communication and management – supporting crew-members in competency build, career advancement, and work-life balance.
This position additionally serves as the leading member of the survey& marine technologies development team in helping to define and deliver the overall go-to-market strategy oftechnologies& methodologies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leadership role in Survey Service’s continued growth and success.
- Demonstrates ‘visible leadership’ in the promotion & continuous improvement of company’s safety culture and practices.
- Oversee the day-to-day scheduling & resourcing ofoperations within the company:
- Oversee to varying degrees, procurement, inbound logistics, personnel-assignment planning, field performance controls, onshore assignments, critical logistics planning related to projects dispatch
- Work-load forecasts & tracking based upon customer support requirements analysis
- Identifying & maximizing cost evaluation & efficiencies related to personnel and equipment resources… Ensure that cost points are in line with commercial budgets and strategy
- Manage, coach, and mentor multiple teams, with varied operational focus.
- Spear-head recruitment of professional field-staff with subsequent training and competency advancement
- Manage and evaluate KPI's related to the above
- Assists in the planning of business strategies associated with revenue and execution improvements.
- Provides a critical contribution towards planning, budgeting, negotiation of 3rd party contracts and procurement related to projects resourcing.
- Comply with company safety rules and training, conduct operations safely and report any unsafe condition or practices immediately to his/her supervisor.
- Lead contributer towards the compilation & successful execution of Survey Service’s annual business plan.
- Actively supports Survey Service’s continuous improvement efforts to ensure that business and technical practices remain highly competitive.
- Maintain a high level of customer& peer communications and further developing industry relationships.
- Houston, Texas based…working closely with the BU project teams.
- 7+ years in a crew management setting within the O&G; industry - Preferably within a centralized operating structure.
- Strong P&L; experience related to projects or business administration.
- Direct management of service crews and adjacent support groups.
- Participation in evaluating and advising on the impact of long range planning.
- Ability to bring and integrate a structured and process-oriented approach and skills into a high-activity/hi-pressure culture; confident making decisions and taking calculated risks with bottom line always in mind.
- Willing to take responsibility and act independently when necessary.
- Versatile: Must have the ability to pivot under fast-changing circumstances and not get overwhelmed easily.
- 5+ years in offshore Survey & Positioning crew/project leadership.
- Formal Project Management training or qualifications – e.g. PMP.
- College graduate.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Learning Management or HR training/experience.
- Governmental/military or global-organization logistics/resourcing experience/exposure.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13790
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time