Oceaneering NDT Technician Level I - RT in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The NDT Technician Level I will assist in performing RT, UTT, MT, PT and other NDT industrial inspections of onshore piping, pipelines, pressure vessels, and structural components.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Level II Technicians in Radiographic Testing in accordance with applicable regulations, codes, practices, and procedures.
- Load and process film.
- Be trained to read and interpret film.
- Learn to prepare, set-up and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Assist Level II in conducting tests in other NDT methods.
- Willing to travel domestically and a on call-out basis.
- Assist other technicians.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Promotes and strives for safety excellence at all times.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year experience performing Radiography.
- Must have proof of a 40-hour radiation safety course.
- Must be able to work in harsh environments.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Surface method Level II certifications are preferred: PT, MT and VT.
- Experience with Computed and Digital Radiographic (CR/DR) experience.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft.
- Valid passport.
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC).
This position is considered ONSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY**work.
- Lift 50-100 pounds.
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on his stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors.
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Lift 25-50 pounds.
- Wear PPE for head, hands.
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated.
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Lift 10-20 pounds.
- Standing and walking.
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13812
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time