Oceaneering ME / Planner in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is tomanage the planning, cost and schedule execution of assigned products using existing software systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the data integrity of the ERP system, including but not limited to Item Master Attribute and Production Order data to create and manage a time phased material plan that supports the Master Schedule and inventory investment objectives.
- Maintain detailed production schedules for manufacturing execution; interface with Manufacturing, Scheduling, Project Management, and to ensure the detailed Production Schedules satisfy the Master Schedule.
- Manage Production Orders from creation through financial closure. Work with Scheduling and Manufacturing to determine when to release new Production Orders.
- Proactively identify, communicate and mitigate schedule execution issues; facilitate cross-functional resolution of issues as appropriate.
- Ensure timely and accurate implementation of Engineering Change Orders.
- Work closely with the Manufacturing and Manufacturing Engineering to determine and implement appropriate work center and router set up.
- Work with Manufacturing, Cost Accounting and Purchasing to understand and report Prodction Order cost variances. Report variances to management as required.
- Proactively interact with Engineering, Purchasing, Inventory, and Manufacturing to ensure effective communication and execution of schedule.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment, observes and follows safety policies, wears appropriate and prescribed personal protective equipment.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) years related experience.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Expert knowledge inmaterial and production planning using ERP Systems, Indented Bills of Materials, and MRP.
- Manufacturing Engineering,Industrial Engineering, or Supply Chain degree.
- CPIM cerification.
- Experience in Engineer-to-Order Manufacturing Environment.
- Understanding of Material-traceability practices.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13826
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time