Oceaneering Manager, Tax Reporting and Compliance in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Manager, Tax Reporting and Compliance will manage the quarterly and annual tax provision including estimated annualized tax rate, valuation allowances, uncertain tax positions, tax controls and other tax accounting tasks. The role is approximately 70% tax/financial reporting provision, 20% tax compliance, and 10% tax research/planning.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the quarterly and annual income tax provision (ASC 740) calculations and provide appropriate disclosures.
- Review and confirm quarterly tax account reconciliations.
- Research tax accounting issues and document company position and impact.
- Manage the collection of data necessary for external accounting firm to prepare Federal and State Income/Franchise tax returns.
- Coordinate and manage IRS and state/local audits.
- Lead overall transfer pricing initiative. (including BEPS and CbC reporting)
- Assist with internal and external reorganizations, mergers, acquisitions, and liquidations.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Director of Tax Reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or relevant field.
- Minimum seven (7) to ten (10) years of corporate and/or public tax experience with emphasis on global ASC 740 preparation and consolidation.
- CPA or CPA candidate.
- Masters in Taxation.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft and One Source Provision and Compliance Software.
- Prior managerial or supervisor experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13780
Location: Houston, Texas