Oceaneering Manager, Master Data Management in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering's Maritime Intelligence and Technology Team is on a mission to drive change in the maritime industry. By combining innovative technologies with skilled expertise we will offer solutions that increase transparency, reduce conflicts of interest and provide significant savings in time and money. Our mission's success depends on us building a team of diversified, highly skilled individuals with passion, commitment, determination and a will to succeed. Join our team today!
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Manager of Master Data Management is an operations role responsible for the strategy and management of our global maritime insight data network. Our Global Data network primarily feeds PortVision360, however the data may be used in other applications within Oceaneering. The Master Data Administrator will work closely with the stakeholders from Product Management, Operational Support, and Third Party Data data providers to ensure the quality and quantity of maritime logistics data best meets the needs of the products it feeds.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand and commit to the vision and innovation in the MIP business plan and work tirelessly to execute on the strategy.
- Create and enforce policies for effective data management.
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data.
- Monitor and analyze information and data systems and evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.).
- Identify and source data sets and streams to meet demands of the Maritime Product Managers.
- Develop and Manage Data Network expansion projects from beginning to end which includes developing and executing project plans within budget.
- Own and Manage commercial relationships with all third party data providers, including SLA monitoring and enforcement.
- Provide detailed information to the product teams when critical issues have been identified.
- Develop knowledge base articles, including product issue resolution processes, which could be used internal or external.
- Develop and execute a data acquisition strategy that aligns the data demand of Maritime Program roadmaps.
- Develop and execute a Master Data Model strategy to best fits the Maritime Program’s data requirements.
- Attend workshops, trade shows, and seminars to keep up-to-date on changes in the industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent education and experience.
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, analysis, distribution etc.).
- 5+ years’ experience in data management.
- Experience with Master Data management, SQL databases, Perl, Python and similar applications.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14325
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time