Oceaneering IT Business Analyst, PS Financials Project Costing, Asset Mgmt, Lease Admin in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Sr. Solutions Analyst II, Financial provides application support to end users on a variety of issues/support for PeopleSoft Modules – Project Costing, Asset Management and Lease Administration.Responsible for application support of additional corporate global standard or local applications as required. Applications may be on-premise or in the cloud.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain (PS FSCM) or other application projects through the Project Management lifecycle, including define business requirements, create project plans with phases, milestones, and go-live dates, ensure effective organizational change management with all business units & service lines worldwide ensuring compliance with Corporate standards.Projects may be large in scope, including application upgrades.
- Communicate and lead all approved PeopleSoft FSCM, other applications as required, initiatives/priorities with management, end users, IT and other support organizations.
- Proactively and in response to the business, identify issues, limitations, and deficiencies in the custom application configuration and delivered application software. Research potential solutions and provide recommendations to management.
- Initiate ideas for functionality and enhancements based on business process improvements. Take a proactive approach to continually learn and propose "best practices" , standards, and alternative software to correct or improve business processes as related to application responsibilities.
- Responsible for application design, development, & configuration changes as required for PeopleSoft FSCM or other applications such as system implementations, enhancements, and upgrades.
- Detailed understanding of the enterprise, including interactions and interdepencies, and the ability to translate business goals into business requirements and action plans for relevant applications
- Responsible for system testing and coordinate all integration and user testing of all PeopleSoft Financial application solutions, including upgrades, to ensure delivery of quality solutions.
- Create technical and functional documentation for system adminstration purposes, user support, & training.
- Detailed understanding of the various application integrations with PeopleSoft modules and how implemented & used by business users at Oceaneering.
- Develop “best practices” and standards; develop systems’ interfaces with other enterprise system owners to ensure that business processes are streamlined and business goals are achieved. Requires the ability to use influence to guide decisions in best interest of conflicting interests.
- Ensure effective organizational change management for PeopleSoft Financial application including training, communications, and organizational alignment.
- Maintain a website on the Oceanet dedicated to the PeopleSoft Financial system which provides information to financial end users on matters related to PS System financial policies and procedures, end user problem resolution, frequently asked questions (FAQs), etc.
- Promote and set example for sharing information, training and delegating to less experienced team members.
- Measure and report on the impact of the PeopleSoft Financial application on business process efficiency, effectiveness and user satisfaction.
- Possible Travel both internationally and domestically.
- Work closely with both internal and external customers, as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience on PeopleSoft version 8.8 or higher and PeopleSoft Financial application
- Experience and knowledge with all of the following modules: PeopleSoft Financials Project Costing, Asset Management and Lease Administration
- Broad knowledge of functionality and enterprise business process with detailed knowledge of integration points of additional PeopleSoft Financials modules: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Expenses, Cash Management, General Ledger, Billing, Contracts, or Value Added Tax.
- Highly competent in business process development, analysis and continuous improvement with the relevant applications domain.
- Strong experience with software lifecycle including data conversion and system testing.
- Strong experience with PeopleSoft Financials multi-currency environment(s).
- Strong and highly detailed knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials 9.X.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office Suite and the internet.
- Advanced level competency with SQL and proficiency with table structure of area or responsibility
- Strong knowledge of interfacing with other PS production environments and third party applications.
- Solid team leadership skills
- Prior experience working with multiple cultures and nationalities.
- Master’s Degree is desirable.
- Programming skills are preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14184
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time