Oceaneering Financial Reporting Manager in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Manager, Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting will be responsible for monitoring global accounting/standards and preparing ’33 and ’34 Act SEC filings. You will interact with Legal, Investor Relations, Controllership, Accounting Shared Services and Operational teams around the globe.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and prepare all externally distributed financial reports including SEC filings (e.g. 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, etc.) and ensure compliance with SEC reporting requirements.
- Coordinate review and approval of 10-Q and 10-K filings with key stakeholders including senior management.
- Perform research and analysis of significant and/or complex accounting transactions, including drafting of accounting position papers and related financial statement disclosures that present the Company’s position on how such transactions should be accounted for under the applicable accounting standards.
- Monitor emerging accounting standards from global accounting standard setting bodies (i.e., FASB, SEC, IFRS, etc.), proactively assess and interpret impacts to the organization, and present findings and recommendations to Finance senior management.
- Manage the XBRL tagging process.
- Manage the statutory reporting process for foreign jurisdictions and work with regional accounting and business leaders to ensure timely and accurate filings.
- Work with the Manager, Technical Accounting Solutions to implement new accounting standards.
- Respond to complex accounting questions from business units and management.
- Proactively discuss and analyze operational activities with both finance and operational personnel to assist Investor Relations in effectively communicating results to the investor community.
- Liaison with the company’s external audit team on technical accounting matter and positions taken.
- Month-end/quarter-end/year-end duties as defined.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6+ years experience in public accounting and financial reporting.
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP rules and regulations required.
- CPA Preferred
- Combination of Big 4 or regional public accounting firm and corporate accounting experience.
- Proficiency with Wdesk software.
- Experience with IFRS.
- Prior SEC reporting experience with a large multinational.
- Familiar with PeopleSoft.
- High attention to detail and exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14552
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time