Oceaneering Engineering Intern (SPG) in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Click here to see our CEO talk about our Mission, Vision, and Values.
This is a paid Summer Engineering Internship Program (early June to early August).As an intern with our Subsea Projects Group (SPG), you’ll work with Project Engineers on actual awarded projects that will be executed offshore over the summer and throughout 2019.
Your job responsibilities and projects will be based upon your experience and educational background to provide real life application of your classroom knowledge. You’ll work closely with a mentor to ensure your developmental goals are met and that you meet your performance expectations.
There is an opportunity for team building, meet and greet lunches with our executive team, facility tours, and off-site ventures. This is an exciting opportunity to learn ‘real world’ experience and accelerate your career by working with a leader in the oil and gas, aerospace, and entertainment industries.
This position may require infrequent travel to Morgan City, LA for testing purposes.
- 3rd or 4th year undergraduate student at an accredited University, pursuing a degree in Structural, Mechanical, or Ocean Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Experience with AutoCad and Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Solid works or equivalent 3D modeling software.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future.
- No relocation or housing assistance is being offered.
- Experience with Orcaflex, MathCAD, RISA3D or equivalent software.
- Ability to work in a high performance team on projects with constantly shifting schedules.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14509
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time