Oceaneering Document Control Supervisor in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Document Control Supervisor will provide support to the manufacturing and service business units by setting up and maintaining the document control process as well as implementing Oceaneering's Quality Management System (QMS) & related tools /processes to accelerate business results.
- Setup and maintain an appropriate document control process to track documentation throughout the product or service lifecycle in order to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Manage a team of document control administrators and support teams by integrating, aligning and adjusting resources based upon the critical needs of the organization.
- Maintain, and trend document control KPIs such as First Pass Yield (FPY), Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ), On Time Delivery (OTD), Service Level Agreement KPIs, etc).
- Revises procedures or devices new procedures to improve efficiency of workflow; Recommends and assists in the establishment of uniform procedures and practices; Provides customer service for the preparation/issuance of reports, and other documents as required.
- Prepares, releases control and distributes all customer data book deliverables.
- Collaborate and instruct the Global Service Center to ensure proper support to business units.
- Define / identity, record, track and inform the Quality Engineers the following:
- Non conformances, in document control (compliance deviation on requirements, customer transmittal etc),
- Maintain the QMS system by reviewing, verifying, approving, and developing or facilitating the development of procedures, as necessary.
- Identify competency needs for document control administrator positions, coach, mentor and establish development plans (train new data book administrators, quality records) in order to ensure effective performance and achievement of business objectives.
- Assists management with clerical duties as needed
- Setup, maintain, and revise as necessary the internal & external customer feedback collection process.
- Support the organization's drive towards excellence in Health and Safety performance.
- Support includes but is not limited to conducting Stop observations, attending HSE related meetings, supporting HSE improvement projects and any other related task deemed appropriate by the Manager.
- Facilitate and provide appropriate supporting data for management review for local business units.
- Facilitate/support internal / external audits as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Requires 3 to 5 years of data processing/document control experience.
- Ability in problem solving resolution and prioritization of work.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Experience of working in an environment such as oil & gas products, automotive, medical device is preferred.
- Lead auditor.
- ISO 9001 experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14346
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time