Oceaneering Buyer III ( Machining and Fabrication) in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Executesthe process of ordering machined and fabricated products. Orders raw materials to support machine shop operations and services in accordance with prescribed purchasing policies, regulations, and procedures. Understands schedules, risks to orders and manages a supplier's individual order performance to requirements for orders which require greater experience or specialty knowledge to manage. Monitors and reports status and progress of orders to procurement leaders.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions.
- Investigates and develops regional sources of supply.
- Prepares, distributes and evaluates RFI’s/ RFQs/RFPs in partnership with internal SMEs.
- Negotiates, prepares, places and manages purchase orders for relevant goods and services.
- Ensures the communication of well-formed technical, quality, legal, and commercial requirements.
- Facilitates the resolution of commercial, quality and technical issues related to POs.
- Executes procurement plan and sourcing strategy to obtain best value from suppliers for Oceaneering POs,
- Works to ensure delivery schedules are adequate to support project and operational needs.
- Resolves purchasing issues between OII and vendors.
- Performs administrative activities in support of the purchasing function.
- Provide guidance to buyers in sourcing daily demands.
- Ensures timely and accurate implementation/action of supplier related ECOs and NCRs.
- Ensures accuracy of purchasing data in the ERP system, to planned operations.
- Support development of more efficient execution processes with suppliers.
- Proactively communicate cost and schedule variance to purchasing and project managers.
Supplier Relationship Management:
- Develop and manage long-term relationships with critical suppliers.
- Cultivate a strong business relationship with proper level of management at suppliers.
- Collaborate with suppliers to assess emerging opportunities and pull technology innovations from the supply base.
- Drive supplier rationalization, standardization, and cost reduction opportunities.
- Lead regional supplier relationship management activities for respective category.
- Internally disseminate market intelligence obtained through business relationships.
Supplier Performance and Risk Management:
- Develop and Improve Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost for all suppliers as assigned.
- Monitor supplier performance; utilizing team resources to mitigate any issues and meet performance targets.
- Ensure the creation and clear communication of proper technical, quality, legal and commercial requirements
- Identify supplier risk for respective category and develop mitigation plans to alleviate potential loss to the business.
- Proactively identify, communicate and mitigate schedule execution issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, manufacturing, business or an equivalent, certified technical program
- >5 years purchasing experience for degreed candidates or >7 years for technical degree equivalents
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures, materials, products, and the commodity market in an area of specialization.
- Able to read machining & fabrication drawings, understand welding symbols, machine tolerances, and raw material specifications, and reasonably identify typical errors found in such documents.
- Peoplesoft experience is a plus.
- Professional certificates: CPIM, CSCP, CPSM.
- Previous experience with supplier management of categories responsible for.
- Experience with value engineering and cost engineering activities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13796
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time