Oceaneering API Inspector in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The API Inspector position will report to the Mechanical Integrity Engineer and will review inspection data files of pipelines, process piping, pressure vessels and tanks for facilities ensuring the mechanical integrity of the equipment is in compliance with the applicable governing design & inspection codes.
Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform internal and external inspections to determine if equipment meets the acceptance criteria of a specific code, standard or document.
- Conduct inspections on equipment at scheduled intervals to maintain the mechanical integrity of the fixed equipment of the facility.
- Properly interpret regulations, codes and industry standards.
- Use a computer to compile and submit daily reports and inspection reports, as well as for inter-office communications.
- Compile and submit completed inspection reports in a timely manner.
- Pay attention to detail and be capable of recommending and approving repairs as well as performing visual inspection of completed work.
- Study equipment leak regulations applicable to location and customer base.
- Be proficient with standard computer software (such as MS Word and Excel) and be able to write detailed inspection and shutdown reports while maintaining an organized system of files.
- Maintain a positive relationship between client, facility and customer; and promote a positive attitude towards coworkers
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 2 years experience in Mechanical Equipment inspection activities.
- Current American Petroleum Institute (API) API-653, API 510, and API-570 certification). STI Tank Certification is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of industry standards including AWS, ASME, API (510, 570, & 653) a MUST; working knowledge of NDE methodologies also a plus.
Documentation of work experience in:
- Visual inspection of tanks, piping, pressure vessels, valves and pumps
- Performing or witnessing and documenting pressure testing activities (to include hydrostatic and pneumatic tests), repairs, alterations, and pressure calculations preferred.
- Pit depth measurement or other dimension verifications using precision measuring equipment and recording results preferred.
- Inspection/verification of structural or flanged piping bolt up, tensioning and verification activities preferred.
- Developing and Implementing Inspection plans in accordance with industry standards, applicable codes, and client specifications.
- Must be able to travel out of town 80% or more of the time and work various shifts.
- Ability to meet company certification standards.
- Drug and alcohol screens performed randomly.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
Essential Job Functions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment; the site may contain mobility barriers with uneven ground level and obstructed pathways. Climatic and environmental conditions at the job site will be indoor/outdoor climate with various noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment, and etc.
Employee may be required to do the following: reaching in all directions, handling and manipulating objects and materials; coordinating the movement of eyes, hands and fingers to operate machines and equipment; lifting 50 lbs from ground level, waist level, and/or overhead; carrying objects, etc.; standing; sitting; walking; seeing with or without correction; hearing with or without correction; following set procedures and standards; applying basic mathematical skills; following oral and/or written directions; reading; writing; ability to recognize and report safety hazards. Protective equipment will be required to be worn at all times. This is mediumwork. (Exerting up to 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 to 25 pounds of work frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work).
The individual who occupies this position must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of such individual or others in the workplace. This means the individual must not pose a significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of the individual or others that cannot be eliminated or reduced by reasonable accommodation.
The items listed above cover the principal duties of this job. This description shall not be constructed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. This job description and job conditions are subject to change as needed in accordance with company or client requirements.
I understand a conditional offer of employment is being made to me conditioned on the satisfactory outcome of the drug test and medical examination. Employment is at will and there is no guarantee as to the length and duration of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13748
Location: Houston, Texas