Oceaneering AIS Network Manager - Vessel Tracking in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering's Maritime Intelligence and Technology Team is on a mission to drive change in the maritime industry. By combining innovative technologies with skilled expertise we will offer solutions that increase transparency, reduce conflicts of interest and provide significant savings in time and money. Our mission's success depends on us building a team of diversified, highly skilled individuals with passion, commitment, determination and a will to succeed. Join our team now!
The AIS Vessel Tracking Network Manager is an operations role responsible for the strategy and management of our Global AIS and Radar network. Our Global AIS and Radar network primarily feeds PortVision360, however the data streams will be used in other applications within Oceaneering. The AIS Network Manager will work closely with the stakeholders from Product Management, Operational Support, and Third Party Data stream providers to ensure the quality and quantity of positional data best meets the needs of the products it feeds.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand and commit to the vision and innovation in the MIP business plan and work tirelessly to execute on the strategy.
- Develop and Manage AIS Network expansion projects from beginning to end which includes developing and executing project plans within budget.
- Responsible for a cost effective AIS and Radar network strategy that mitigates risk of coverage loss.
- Manage AIS receiver hosts agreements, owning the relationships of all AIS Receiver Hosts.
- Manage commercial relationships with all third party AIS and Radar data stream providers, including SLA monitoring.
- Liaise with Oceaneering Product Managers to deliver quality AIS and radar data streams.
- Work with data stream providers to identify and improve poor quality data streams.
- Responsible for the overall AIS network uptime.
- Work with Operations and Finance teams on costs related to all AIS project activity.
- Provide detailed information to the management teams when critical issues have been identified.
- Develop knowledge base articles, which may include product issue resolution processes, which could be used internal or external.
- Provide analysis on the network coverage and performance to Account Managers to ensure that they have the latest metrics and network enhancements.
- University level degree, or equivalent education and experience.
- 5 years combined experience in Project Management and Service Delivery/SLA.
- Network Protocol knowledge (TCP/IP, USB, WLAN).
- Ability to develop and maintain an active strategy to grow our AIS Network.
- Firm understanding of AIS Message types and AIS data aggregation techniques.
- Hardware configuration experience.
- VHF antenna Network Experience.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in theworkplace.
- Work surface is stable (flat).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift up to 20 pounds.
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching.
- Lift up to 10 pounds.
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands.
- Sit with back supported.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 13719
Location: Houston, Texas
Full/Part Time: Full-Time