Oceaneering NDT Technician Level II RT in Houma, Louisiana
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This position is within our Asset Integrity Group. We have more than 50 years of experience in managing inspections and safely applying advanced technologies to gather the data you need to make informed decisions.Our comprehensive range of services, from the inspection of a single component, to a full-scale integrity management program, ensure you are able to leverage the benefits of our industry-leading technologies and services to save time and expenditure—regardless of industry.
The NDT Technician Level II will perform RT industrial inspections onshore/offshore of piping, pipelines, pressure vessels, and mechanical and structural components.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct tests with Radiographic Testing equipment for various components and materials.
- Conduct tests in other NDT methods.
- Interpret, evaluate, and document inspection results through formal report paperwork.
- Set up and calibrate inspection equipment.
- Load, process, read and interpret film.
- Responsible for operation of radiography in accordance with applicable regulations and procedures.
- Assist in training and supervising Level I RT trainees and other NDT trainees.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures, paying special attention to health and safety policies.
- Must be able to travel and work on a call-out basis, both domestic and international.
- Must be able to work in harsh environments.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum two (2) years of documented RT Level II work experience.
- Must be able to certify to ASNT-TC-1A Level II.
- Must have documented RT training per SNT-TC-1A.
- Must be able to pass Safe Gulf & HUET Water Survival training.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a TWICcard, valid Passport, Safe Gulf & HUET Water Survival.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
This position is considered ONSHORE and OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lift 20-50 pounds.
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences.
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Lift 10-25 pounds.
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead.
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Lift up to 10 pounds.
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Job ID: 14033
Location: Houma, Louisiana
Full/Part Time: Full-Time